[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 13, Number 2 (6-2010) ::
amuj 2010, 13(2): 83-90 Back to browse issues page
The evaluation of electrocardiogram in patients with unstable angina and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction
Reza Shahmirzaei , Saeed Sadrnia, Hassan Solhi, Ali Ghasemi
Assistant Professor , drrezash@yahoo.com
Abstract:   (12076 Views)
Background: Positive electrocardiogram (ECG) changes in patients with unstable angina or non-ST elevation myocardial infarction are well known, but problem arises when no specific changes in ECG are identified. The aim of this study is to evaluate the prevalence of these changes in hospitalized patients at Amir Kabir Hospital of Arak. Materials and Methods: This study was a cross-sectional one that was conducted on 124 patients hospitalized at the heart emergency ward of Arak Amir Kabir Hospital with unstable angina and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction. ECG changes and serum cardiac enzyme levels were analyzed on admission and 12 hours after admission. Results: According to patients’ history and serum cardiac enzymes, 62 patients had undergone myocardial infarction without ST segment elevation, 98.4% of whom had ECG changes and 1.5% showed no ECG changes. Of the 60 patients, who had been hospitalized with unstable angina, 90% showed ECG changes and the rest 10% revealed no such changes. Conclusion: In comparison to other studies reporting that 50% of patients with unstable angina and non ST elevation myocardial infarction reveal no ECG changes, a high percentage of patients referring with a chest pain to the heart emergency ward of Amir Kabir Hospital, had no significant changes in their ECG and were not hospitalized.
Keywords: ECG, Myocardial infarction, Unstable angina
Full-Text [PDF 231 kb]   (3151 Downloads)    
Subject: Cardiology
Received: 2009/09/8
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or email:

Write the security code in the box >



XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Shahmirzaei R, Sadrnia S, Solhi H, Ghasemi A. The evaluation of electrocardiogram in patients with unstable angina and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction. amuj. 2010; 13 (2) :83-90
URL: http://amuj.arakmu.ac.ir/article-1-449-en.html
Volume 13, Number 2 (6-2010) Back to browse issues page
مجله دانشگاه علوم پزشکی اراک Arak Medical University Journal
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.059 seconds with 793 queries by yektaweb 3506