[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 14, Number 6 (February-March 2012) ::
amuj 2012, 14(6): 57-65 Back to browse issues page
The relationship between self-esteem and sexual dysfunction and satisfaction in women
Nooshin Ramezani, Mahrokh Dolatian , Jamal Shams, Hamid Alavi
Lecturer Shahid Beheshti Medical University
Abstract:   (12145 Views)
Background: Sexual dysfunction is a common, progressive disorder which is related to age and it affects the quality of life and sexual and interpersonal relationship. The purpose of this study is to determine the relationship between self-esteem and sexual dysfunction and satisfaction in women who referred to the health centers of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran. Materials and Methods: This cross-sectional (descriptive-analytic) study was done on 120 women referring to the health centers of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences that met the inclusion criteria. Data collection tools were demographic, GHQ-28, Kovair Smith, and FSFI questionnaires. The data were analyzed using SPSS software (version 16). Results: The overall incidence of sexual dysfunction was 64% and the greatest frequencies were related to pain and sexual satisfaction 37% and 20%, respectively. Also, 90% of the subjects had high self-esteem and the rest 10% had low self-esteem. There was a significant relationship between self-esteem and sexual dysfunction (p<0.05). Conclusion: The findings of this study showed a significant relationship between self-esteem and sexual dysfunction and satisfaction in women, especially in those with low self-esteem that presented greater sexual dysfunction and satisfaction.
Keywords: Satisfaction, self-esteem, sexual dysfunction
Full-Text [PDF 1775 kb]   (4987 Downloads)    
Subject: Obstetrics & Gynocology
Received: 2011/01/16
Add your comments about this article
Your username or email:

Write the security code in the box >



XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Ramezani N, Dolatian M, Shams J, Alavi H. The relationship between self-esteem and sexual dysfunction and satisfaction in women . amuj. 2012; 14 (6) :57-65
URL: http://amuj.arakmu.ac.ir/article-1-1014-en.html
Volume 14, Number 6 (February-March 2012) Back to browse issues page
مجله دانشگاه علوم پزشکی اراک Arak Medical University Journal
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.055 seconds with 788 queries by yektaweb 3465